Thursday, March 4, 2010

Our last day

We started the day with sanding and painting at Miss K's house. This is the place where the wall was moved to make a larger bedroom and a walk-in closet. We finished it by noon, then went over to the the house I talked about the other day.
This project was just approved for financial assistance yesterday. The first thing the men did, was to gut the entire kitchen...cupboards, ceiling, and floor all came out.

As we were cleaning up in there the other day, we found 4 guns: a loaded 20 gauge double-barrel shotgun, a 12 gauge pump action shotgun, a 22 semi-automatic, and this loaded 32 snubnose, which was tucked under the cushion of the couch the owner sleeps on!
So this is the front yard, after all the old mattresses, carpets, etc. were cleaned out of the house.

There was a major hole under the kitchen cabinet where the sink had been. Lots of rotten floor boards were replaced today.
We won't be here to see the continuing work being done at this house. There are 3 couples staying on for the month of March, and they have lots of work ahead of them!

2 comments:

Jo H said...

What a sad house! I wish we could see the finished product in the end.

George and Irene said...

I've asked a few of the ladies working in New Iberia this month to send us pictures of the finished house, so I'll post them then.