
We spent last night at Brazos Bend State Park. This morning we went for a walk around the lake, and found out that those warning signs about alligators are there for a reason! We saw this dark object on the side of the trail from quite far away, and as we got closer...sure enough, it was an alligator.

We saw 2 of them, both about 5 feet off of the path we were walking on. They are really scary looking animals, and we were very nervous walking passed them...who knows if they'll make a sudden move?? or how fast they can run?? OK, I'm a big chicken!

So we saw what we came to see, and enjoyed the rest of the walk, watching the birds and the scenery.
3 comments:
Ooh that's scary! And I read somewhere that alligators can run up to 20 miles per hour but only in short bursts, so if you've got endurance you should outrun them! Haha
Toby thinks that one in the third picture is looking at you.
I sure didn't look at him as I quickly walked by!!
Post a Comment