Thursday, February 5, 2009

The men made good progress today with the drywalling. Hopefully another day of work should finish it. Then starts the taping, mudding, sanding, more mudding...more sanding....I think Frank has a video to show the men this evening on all the techniques for the job, that sounds like a fun evening. George and Bruce, hard at it, with Dana supervising from down below.
Oh yes, I do occasionally do some work too. This afternoon Martha and I spent a few hours, caulking every little crack we could find. I thought I was pretty brave, way up there on the scaffolding. Later, I tried the same on a higher one, but alas, George had to rescue me. It was just too high, with nothing to hold on to, and only one wee, skinny board to stand on.


We've had a good first week here in Newton. We're enjoying our group of 7 couples, which becomes our family for the time we're here. There are 3 couples from Indiana: Dana and Betty Sark, who we worked with last year; Milo and Nancy Mast; and O.J. and Mary Miller. 4 couples from Canada: Frank and Irene Goertzen from Kola, MB. are our directors, who we also worked with last year; Bruce and Martha Isaak from Medsted, SK. who we worked with in Hackberry 2 years ago; and Al and Doreen Petkau from Brandon, Mb.

2 comments:

Jo H said...

So you probably wouldn't have done very well on the peak 2 peak gondola at whistler is what you're saying. looks like you're having fun!

Erin said...

So what are you doing for the weekend?