One Last Arizona Report
By Benjamin
We have less than a week left here before we leave for home. We plan on leaving Friday
morning, and instead of heading straight home, we’ll drive north and stop by the Grand Canyon
for a few hours. It feels like these two months have sped by – it actually feels like only one
month – but suddenly here we are on our last week. I need to think about packing up.
Last week I was kept busy working on the irrigation and landscaping for the yard around the
trailer we are staying in. The sprinkler systems themselves are basically ready to go, so we were
busy leveling out the yard, adding dirt where it was needed, and picking up a lot of rocks.
Arizona has a lot of rocks in its soil. We have the yard ready for grass now, but when we went to
town on Wednesday to pick up grass seed (and a lot of other random supplies), they didn’t
have what we wanted, so we didn’t get any. The guys were thinking of ordering grass seed
online instead, which means it might be a while before grass is seeded on this yard.
Later on in the week, Grandpa and I replaced the two toilets in this trailer. It’s a very nice, new
trailer, but the toilets that came with it were no good, so we took them out and replaced them
with new toilets, which are so far a lot better. We are keeping the old toilets, and so far, the
plan is to try and sell them, but I’m not sure if they’re even worth the hassle of selling anymore.
Finally, Grandpa and I went fishing for trout on Saturday morning in Parker Canyon Lake with
one of the guys here on the base. I guess I theoretically have “fished” once before, but that was
when I was maybe six years old, so I don’t think that counts. We had a great time; Grandpa
caught three, I caught two, and Mr. Jim Stewart caught seven. We cleaned them and had them
for supper.
Changing the toilet in our house.
The plan is to build a daycare where the old trailer was. The new roof that was added 2 years ago was left, and now forms for concrete have been put up under it. The permit hasn't come through yet, but they are ready to pour cement when it does happen.





No comments:
Post a Comment